Taraji P. Henson plays Johnson in the film Hidden Figures, but here are 5 things you may not know.
- Katherine is an African American physicist and mathematician.
- In 2015, Johnson received the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- She sang in the choir of Carver Presbyterian Church for fifty years.
- Johnson and her husband have six grandchildren and eleven great-grandchildren.
- She has been a member since college of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority.
Written by, Hulisani Khorombi, Associate Editor, #mygirlsquad