To all the lovely, single ladies out there: aren’t you so tired of people asking why you’re single and then having to face an array of questions and awkwardly attempt to come up with some reasons for them?
Here’s a list of perfect responses to help you sort that problem right out. Always remember that you don’t need to be attached to someone else for you to be worth something.
- I’d rather have a significant income than a significant other.
- “You see how picky I am about my shoes, and they only go on my feet.”
- I still haven’t met a man who is as good as ribs.
- Single is the new black.
- Once I tried flirting like “do you like bread…”
- We have bigger problems than worrying about relationships, like why they stopped making holey moleys???
- Will Smith is taken.
- I can’t commit to a dinner reservation, and you’re talking about a human being bro.
- The love of my life is a fictional character.
- Because I like being happy
- I already have too many dishes to wash
- Men run in fear once they’re exposed to the size of my appetite
- I see dead people *stare*
- Name one married superhero. Exactly.
- Because I want my turtle to grow up in a stable environment.
- When a Christian friend asks that question: Jesus was single. Would you be bugging him?
- Because the other side of my bed is filled with books, a laptop and a ton of things to do.
- That’s classified information.
- Sent an application form to the bachelor, waiting for a response.
- Waiting. He has three years left in prison.
- I don’t like sharing my food.
- Because a relationship status doesn’t go with my brand image.
- Because UberEats delivers some hot stuff straight home. Who needs more?
- Like most of socks, I am just single
- Overslept on my wedding day and missed the date.
- Depends who’s asking.
- It gives my grandma something to live for.
- Because he took out a restraining order
- Because I’m independently owned and operated.
- When I asked Siri that question, it activated front camera.
- Because when someone compliments me I get awkward, say happy birthday and walk into a wall.
Have fun and let us know if any of them works to get people off your back.
Written by: Safiyyah Sujee CA(SA), #MyGirlSquad, Bi-weekly writer
13 and 20 had me LOL a little! I love it
Girl you know you are so crazy. I hollered when the front camera came on for Siri! Omg this is so good. Lol